Seasonal Variation in Encounter Rate of Avian Community at Tranquebar Area, Nagapattinam District, Tamil Nadu, India
R. Praveen Kumar1, G. Thomas Nithiyanandam2
1R. Praveen Kumar, Department of Zoology, T.B.M.L. College, Porayar (Tamil Nadu), India.
2G. Thomas Nithiyanandam, Department of Zoology, T.B.M.L. College, Porayar (Tamil Nadu), India.
Manuscript received on 11 September 2019 | Revised Manuscript received on 20 September 2019 | Manuscript Published on 11 October 2019 | PP: 594-596 | Volume-8 Issue-11S September 2019 | Retrieval Number: K109809811S19/2019©BEIESP | DOI: 10.35940/ijitee.K1098.09811S19
Open Access | Editorial and Publishing Policies | Cite | Mendeley | Indexing and Abstracting
© The Authors. Blue Eyes Intelligence Engineering and Sciences Publication (BEIESP). This is an open-access article under the CC-BY-NC-ND license (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/)
Abstract: Present study was carried out from January 2016 to December 2016 variation in encounter rate of avian community in different habitat and season. Totally 470 sightings of bird species was obtained both morning and evening counts from 360 one kilometer transect walks along the 15 transects. Average of encounter rate was 0.40±0.05 (5) birds /km walks. The overall encounter rate was ranged in different habitat from 0.10 to 0.84 and season 0.12 to 0.38 birds/walks. The encounter rate was statistically significant between seasons (Kruskal – Wallis test H=12.08, df=4, P=0.003). All habitat and different season 55 species were recorded and majority of bird species found 58% in agriculture and river bund remaining 42% in other habitats.
Keywords: Habitat, Season, Bird, Tranquebar, Tamil Nadu, India.
Scope of the Article: Computational Biology