The Effect of Washing and Processing of PB-Polluted Vegetables towards their Levels of PB and Vitamin C
Hening Widowati1, Widya Sartika Sulistiani2, Agus Sutanto3, Miftachul Huda4, Arieff Salleh Rosman5

1Hening Widowati, Universitas Muhammadiyah Metro Lampung, Indonesia.
2Widya Sartika Sulistiani, Universitas Muhammadiyah Metro Lampung, Indonesia.
3Agus Sutanto, Universitas Muhammadiyah Metro Lampung, Indonesia.
4Miftachul Huda, Universiti Pendidikan Sultan Idris Malaysia.
5Arieff Salleh Rosman, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia.

Manuscript received on 23 August 2019. | Revised Manuscript received on 03 September 2019. | Manuscript published on 30 September 2019. | PP: 1735-1739 | Volume-8 Issue-11, September 2019. | Retrieval Number: K15280981119/2019©BEIESP | DOI: 10.35940/ijitee.K1528.0981119
Open Access | Ethics and Policies | Cite | Mendeley | Indexing and Abstracting
© The Authors. Blue Eyes Intelligence Engineering and Sciences Publication (BEIESP). This is an open access article under the CC-BY-NC-ND license (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/)

Abstract: This research tried to find out the effect of washing and processing of Pb-polluted kale in Metro, Lampung, Indonesia, where the farm is by the highway, use heavy-metal-contained fertilizer and pesticide. Plantedfor 20 days, various washing treatments were given (once, twice, and 3 times, 5 second each: unwashed as a control); and processing treatments (2 minutes steamed, 2 minutes boiled, 3 minutes stir-fried, and unprocessed as a control). The level of Pb and Vitamin C were examined using UV-Vis spectrophotometer and Column Chromatography in Chemical Analysis, Laboratory University of Muhammadiyah Malang. The Univariate Analysis of Variance showed a significant result (p<0.00) which indicates that both treatments decrease the Pb and Vitamin C within the kale. Post Hoc Multiple Comparisons and Duncan also showed a significant result. Regression Test showed that various treatments gave a different contribution to Pb and Vitamin C level. Together, the treatments reduce 94.7% of Pb level; meanwhile, the washing only contributes 54.7%, processing only 25.6%, and the rest 19.7% is determined by vegetables types and parts. Together, both treatments reduce 97.5% of Vitamin C level; the washing only contributes 0%, processing only 26.6%, and the rest 73.4% is determined by the type and parts of vegetables.
Keywords: About four key words or phrases in alphabetical order, separated by commas.
Scope of the Article: